What is ciclopirox shampoo?

Ciclopirox shampoo contains the active ingredient ciclopirox. It is available as the brand name product Loprox Shampoo. It belongs to the class of drugs known as antifungals. It works by interfering with the cell membrane of susceptible fungi. Ciclopirox shampoo treats the flaky, scaling, red, itchy, burning and greasy scalp symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis of the scalp.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...