What is ciclopirox lotion?

Ciclopirox lotion contains the active ingredient ciclopirox in a lotion formulation. The lotion formulation is not available in the US at this time; however, a topical suspension formulation is available. Ciclopirox belongs to the class of drugs known as antifungals. It works by interfering with the cell membrane of susceptible fungi. Ciclopirox suspension treats the fungus that causes ringworm, jock itch and athlete's foot.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...