What is anidulafungin?

Anidulafungin is an intravenous antifungal medication that is sold under the brand name Eraxis. Anidulafungin is used to treat fungal infections caused by susceptible strains of a fungus called Candida. It works by interfering with an enzyme needed by the Candida fungus to produce the cell membrane. The damaged cell membrane leads to death of the Candida. It is administered intravenously by a health professional.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...