What is Ancobon?

Ancobon is the brand name of flucytosine. It is an antifungal medicine used to treat infections caused by susceptible fungi. This medicine is taken orally as a capsule. It’s available in 250 mg. or 500 mg. Doctors prescribe Ancobon to treat serious fungal infections caused by Cryptococcus and strains of yeast called Candida .

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...