What is AmBisome?

AmBisome is the brand name for the amphotericin B formulation as a liposomal injectable. Amphotericin B is an antifungal drug used to treat infections caused by susceptible fungi and yeast. Since the drug affects both fungal and human cells, it causes side effects that can limit its use. The liposome molecules to which it is attached makes the amphotericin B target the fungal cells rather than the human cells. AmBisome is not effective in treating bacterial or viral infections. AmBisome is administered intravenously.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...