What are the risks of using miconazole?

Because the ingredients in miconazole can interfere with some birth control methods, including the materials in condoms, you should plan to use back-up methods of birth control while using miconazole. If you are allergic to miconazole, milk protein or any other ingredients in the product, you should report this information to your doctor, as you may risk an allergic reaction. The effects of miconazole on an unborn fetus aren't fully known, so if you should become pregnant while using miconazole you should contact your doctor immediately. Before using miconazole tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. You may be advised not to use this medication to avoid harming the fetus or nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...