What are miconazole buccal tablets?

The miconazole buccal tablet is a slowly dissolving oral tablet formulation of the active ingredient miconazole. It is an antifungal drug used to treat yeast infections of the mouth and throat. The buccal tablet sticks to the gums where it dissolves slowly to deliver a steady dose of the miconazole to the site of the infection. The tablet is designed to work without affecting the ability to eat, drink or speak. It is sold under the brand name Oravig.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...