What is Abelcet?

Abelcet is the brand name for the amphotericin B formulation in a lipid complex. Amphotericin B is an antifungal drug used to treat infections caused by susceptible fungi and yeast. Since the drug affects both fungal and human cells, it causes side effects that can limit its use. The lipid complex to which it is attached makes the amphotericin B target the fungal cells rather than the human cells. Abelcet is not effective in treating bacterial or viral infections. Abelcet is administered intravenously.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...