Should I take any special measures while using nystatin?

It you are using topical nystatin, apply it to clean dry skin.
If you are using nystatin oral suspension, do not rinse mouth after use. Keep the suspension in the mouth as long as possible before spitting or swallowing, as directed by your doctor.
If you are using nystatin vaginal cream, you may want to wear a sanitary pad to protect your clothes. Do not use a tampon because it will absorb the medicine, and do not douche unless your doctor tells you to do so. If you start your period, keep using the cream or tablets. Talk with your doctor to decide when to stop using nystatin.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...