What are the side effects of ciclopirox lotion?

Minor side effects include burning and itching in the area where the ciclopirox lotion was applied. A life-threatening allergic reaction to using ciclopirox lotion can cause swelling of your face, lips, tongue and throat, as well as tightness in the chest, hives and a rash. Other serious side effects include: blistering, oozing or swelling at the affected area. Stop using this medication and get immediate medical attention if you have any of these symptoms. The lotion formulation is not available in the US at this time; however, a topical suspension formulation is available.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...