What should I know about ciclopirox gel before using it?

Use all of the medicine for the complete length of time prescribed, usually two to four weeks, even if your infection appears to be cleared up. Failure to use the full course of ciclopirox gel can cause the infection to reappear and be resistant to another course of this same medication. Using soap and water, wash and completely dry the affected area before applying the ciclopirox cream. Use enough gel so that all affected areas are covered with medication. Rub the ciclopirox gel gently into the area and leave exposed to air. Do not cover unless your doctor has instructed you to do so. Wear loose fitting clothing over the affected area. Wash your hands completely to remove all medication. If the affected area is your hands, then do not wash them.

Ciclopirox gel should be applied twice daily, usually morning and night. A missed dose of ciclopirox gel should be applied as soon as possible. If it is close to the time of your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and apply the next dose at the regularly scheduled time. Never apply two doses at once. If after a month, your symptoms do not change or worsen, notify your doctor. If anyone swallows or gets ciclopirox gel in the eyes, call the emergency room or call a poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. You should store ciclopirox gel at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Do not let children or pets come in contact with this medication.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...