What are the risks of using butoconazole nitrate?

Butoconazole nitrate may be hazardous to a developing fetus. If you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant, let your doctor know before using butoconazole nitrate. In addition, because the mineral oil in butoconazole nitrate can cause the latex rubber in condoms and diaphragms to weaken for up to 72 hours after usage, these types of birth control methods may be rendered ineffective.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...