Should I let my doctor know I am using miconazole?

If you are suffering from a fungal infection for the first time, you should see your doctor for confirmation of your symptoms before using over-the-counter miconazole. If you are allergic to miconazole or its ingredients and you have a fungal infection, you should talk to your doctor first and discuss other treatment options. If you have a recurring fungal infection, or one that does not go away by the end of the medication regimen, you should consult with your doctor. If any of the side effects, such as skin irritation, blistering, peeling or burning, become problematic or severe, you should consult with your doctor. If you've had a fungal infection before and are confident in your knowledge of how to properly treat it, you may not need to alert your doctor before using miconazole.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...