What should I know about micafungin before taking it?

Before receiving micafungin, you should know that this drug is administered as an intravenous (IV) infusion which takes approximately one hour to infuse. It should not be mixed with other medicines or given with other medicines through the same IV line. This medicine is typically administered once a day over the course of several weeks. Do not take this IV if you are allergic to micafungin. Additionally, you may not be able to receive this drug if you have kidney or liver disease. If you have those conditions, the doctor may need to alter your dosing or conduct special tests to ensure its safety of use. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Use of this drug may not be advisable if you are pregnant, as it could be harmful to a fetus. You also may not want to use this drug if you are breastfeeding, as it is not known if it can pass to an infant through breast milk. Tell you doctor about all of the medications, herbals and supplements you are taking to avoid serious drug interactions.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...