What should I know about ciclopirox topical solution before using it?

Use all of the ciclopirox topical nail solution for the complete length of time prescribed, up to 48 weeks, even if your infection appears to be cleared up. Failing to use it for the full course can cause the infection to reappear and be resistant to another course of this same medication. Using soap and water, wash and completely dry the affected area before applying the ciclopirox nail solution. Use enough solution so that all affected areas are covered with medication.

Ciclopirox nail solution should be applied once daily, one coat over the previous one, and removed every seven days. A missed dose of ciclopirox lotion should be applied as soon as possible. If it is close to the time of your next scheduled dose, skip the missed dose and apply the next dose at the regularly scheduled time. Never apply two doses at once. If, after a couple of months, your symptoms do not change or become worse, notify your doctor. If anyone swallows or gets ciclopirox solution in their eyes, call your emergency room or call a poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. You should store ciclopirox solution at room temperature, away from heat, light and moisture. Do not let children or pets come in contact with this medication.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...
What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...