What should I know about ciclopirox shampoo before using it?

Use all of the ciclopirox shampoo for the complete length of time prescribed, even if your infection appears to be cleared up. Failing to use the full course of ciclopirox shampoo can cause the infection to reappear and be resistant to another treatment of this same medication. Apply the prescribed amount of ciclopirox shampoo to your wet hair. Gently massage the shampoo into your scalp until it lathers. Leave the ciclopirox shampoo on your scalp for three minutes before rinsing. Ciclopirox shampoo should be used twice weekly. Leave at least three days between shampoos. Use this shampoo for four weeks, or as directed by your doctor. The more regularly ciclopirox shampoo is used the better the results. If you forget to use it when scheduled, use it as soon as you remember it and then do not use it again for at least three days. If after a month your symptoms do not change or worsen, notify your doctor. If you get ciclopirox shampoo in your eyes, rinse immediately with cool water. If anyone swallows ciclopirox shampoo, call the emergency room or call a poison control center. You should store ciclopirox shampoo at room temperature, and away from heat, light and moisture. Do not let children or pets handle this medication.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...