How should I use clotrimazole?

Follow these simple instructions, depending on which form of clotrimazole you're using:
  • Creams, solutions and other treatments: wash the infected area and let it dry well. Apply the recommended amount of medication and rub it into the skin until it disappears. Wash your hands thoroughly when you're don
  • Vaginal creams: Follow all label instructions. Use these products before going to bed, since they're more effective if you let them work as you lie down. You may prefer to wear a sanitary napkin to prevent clothing stains. Don't use a tampon or douche unless your doctor says it's okay
  • Lozenges: Do not chew or swallow them. Instead, place a lozenge on your tongue and allow it to dissolve. It should disappear in 15 to 30 minutes.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...