How should I apply naftifine?

Naftifine (Naftin) is a topical cream or gel used to treat jock itch (tinea cruris), athlete's foot (tinea pedis) and ringworm (tinea corporis), all caused by a fungal skin infection. It is applied up to twice a day for two to six weeks depending on your doctor's directions. It is only used on the skin and should not be put in your vagina, eyes, nose or mouth.

How to apply naftifine:
  • Wash hands with soap and water
  • Clean and dry the infected area
  • Apply a thin layer of medicine and rub it in gently until it disappears
  • Avoid covering the affected area with bandages or other dressings
  • Wash your hands again afterward
  • Look for redness, itching, burning or swelling as this may indicate an allergic reaction
  • Call your doctor if the infection persists

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...