Miconazole works by interfering with a fungal enzyme and, thereby, disrupting fungal cell membrane function. It might take several days to see results, so miconazole should be taken exactly as prescribed or as the package directions indicate. If your symptoms improve before your dosage is complete, you should continue to take the medication as recommended until the treatment regimen is finished.
- Q How does miconazole interact with other medications or foods?
- Q What should I avoid while using miconazole?
- Q What forms of vaginal anti-fungal medications are available?
- Q Do miconazole buccal tablets interact with other medications?
- Q How should I use vaginal anti-fungal cream?
- Q When should I call my doctor about using vaginal anti-fungal medication?