Miconazole works by interfering with a fungal enzyme and, thereby, disrupting fungal cell membrane function. It might take several days to see results, so miconazole should be taken exactly as prescribed or as the package directions indicate. If your symptoms improve before your dosage is complete, you should continue to take the medication as recommended until the treatment regimen is finished.
- Q What should I do if I miss a dose of miconazole?
- Q What if my symptoms worsen after using a vaginal anti-fungal medicine?
- Q What are the risks of using miconazole?
- Q How soon after using miconazole will my symptoms improve?
- Q Should I let my doctor know I am using miconazole?
- Q What should I avoid while using miconazole?