Can I use nystatin and triamcinolone cream on my child?

Nystatin and triamcinolone cream is used to treat fungal skin infections caused by yeast (candidiasis), a common cause of diaper rash, vaginal and anal skin infections. It is a combination of two medicines; nystatin that treats fungal skin infections and triamcinolone, an anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that relieves swelling, itching, and redness. When nystatin and triamcinolone was studied there were very few younger patients between the ages of two months to 12 years, but it was safe and effective in those who received treatment. In general, however, children are more susceptible to the side effects of corticosteroids, which can suppress the body's natural hormone feedback system and can affect growth and development. Discuss any concern you may have with your child's doctor and pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...