What should I know about oxiconazole before taking it?

If your doctor has prescribed oxiconazole (Oxistat) lotion or cream to treat a fungal skin infection, make sure you use it for as long as your doctor recommends in order to fully get rid of the infection, even if your symptoms clear up sooner than that.

Do not cover the treated area of skin with tight clothing or bandages. Do not get oxiconazole in your mouth, nose, or eyes. If you have an allergy to oxiconazole, do not use it. Talk to your doctor before using any other topical skin medicines at the same time, because they could change the amount or effect of the oxiconazole that is absorbed by your body.

Before you use oxiconazole, tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Make sure your doctor and pharmacist know about any over-the-counter or prescription medicines or supplements you are taking.

Continue Learning about Antifungal

What foods should I avoid if I take antifungal medication?
F. Michael Gloth, IIIF. Michael Gloth, III
If you take antifungals such as fluconazole (Diflucan), griseofulvin (Grifulvin), ketoconazole (Nizo...
What is Cresemba?
Cresemba is a brand name for isavuconazonium, a strong antifungal medication intended to treat serio...