How should I take Emend?

You should take Emend (aprepitant) exactly as prescribed by your doctor. The recommended dose for prevention of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting is 125 mg. orally one hour prior to chemotherapy treatment (Day 1) and 80 mg. orally once daily in the morning on Days two and three. The recommended dosage of Emend for prevention of post-operative nausea and vomiting is 40 mg. within three hours prior to induction of anesthesia. Do not take Emend for nausea symptoms after a treatment. It is safe to take Emend with food or liquids, although if you are preparing for surgery, you should follow your doctor's recommendation regarding food and liquid. Emend is for immediate prevention and not for long term use.

Continue Learning about Antiemetic

Could I be allergic to Vistaril?
Allergy symptoms are triggered by the release of a natural compound called histamine. Histamine star...