Can I take hydroxyzine if I am pregnant?

Experts say you should avoid taking hydroxyzine (Atarax, Vistaril and others) early in pregnancy. It is not clear how this drug affects pregnancy, but animal studies suggest that it may be harmful to a developing fetus.

Hydroxyzine is used to relieve anxiety, as well as nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness and other conditions. It is also taken to relieve itching caused by allergic conditions. Women who are pregnant or planning to become pregnant should talk with their doctor before taking hydroxyzine.

Continue Learning about Antiemetic

Could I be allergic to Vistaril?
Allergy symptoms are triggered by the release of a natural compound called histamine. Histamine star...