Can I smoke cigarettes when taking Vistaril?

Yes, you can smoke when taking Vistaril (hydroxyzine). However, you may want to consider whether smoking is making your condition worse. Vistaril is prescribed for different reasons. If it is prescribed to help you control allergies, so be aware that tobacco smoke, whether from your smoking or just breathing in fumes from other smokers, can make your symptoms worse. If you are taking Vistaril for anxiety symptoms, talk with your doctor about managing any effort to quit smoking, which can cause a temporary increase in anxiety symptoms.

Continue Learning about Antiemetic

Could I be allergic to Vistaril?
Allergy symptoms are triggered by the release of a natural compound called histamine. Histamine star...