Who should not take loperamide?

You should not take loperamide if you are allergic to any of the ingredients found in this medication. Persons with certain medical conditions or individuals taking certain medications should not take loperamide. Talk to your doctor before taking loperamide if you have a fever, a history of liver disease or if you are taking an antibiotic. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should talk to their doctor before taking this medication. You should tell your doctor about any medications you are taking to see if they interact with loperamide. You should not drink alcohol while taking this medication because it may increase the drowsiness that is a side effect of loperamide.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are anti-diarrheals and gas medications safe for older people?
Anti-diarrheal medications are generally safe for older people. But as you age, you are more lik...
How do anti-diarrheal and gas medications work?
Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) helps to treat diarrhea by influencing how flui...
Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?