What is Pylera?

Pylera is a combination medication used to treat the bacteria that cause peptic ulcers. Each Pylera capsule contains three medicines: the antimicrobial drug bismuth subcitrate, the antibiotic metronidazole and the antibiotic tetracycline.

Pylera is prescribed in 10-day courses, with four doses (12 pills total) each day. It is prescribed along with the proton pump inhibitor omeprazole (Prilosec, Omesec) to stop the growth of Helicobacter pylori bacteria and to keep ulcers from coming back.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
What are anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications include over-the-counter products that help control symp...
Are antidiarrheals safe for use in children?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?