What should I know about difenoxin and atropine?

Before taking the combination drug difenoxin and atropine, also known by the brand name Motofen, you should know that difenoxin can be habit-forming when taken above a certain dose. Atropine was added to this medication to prevent its abuse, because it will cause unpleasant side effects if you take too high of a dose. You should tell your doctor if you have ulcerative colitis, liver disease or diarrhea due to certain types of infections, such as pseudomembranous colitis following recent antibiotic therapy or a bacterial infection of the gut caused by E. coli, salmonella, or shigella, before taking Motofen.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

What are anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications include over-the-counter products that help control symp...
Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
Are antidiarrheals safe for use in children?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?