What is paregoric?

Paregoric (also called camphorated opium tincture and tincture of paregoric) is an alcohol solution of morphine used to treat diarrhea not caused by poison or infection. Paregoric comes in liquid form with an alcohol content of 44% to 46% (88 to 92 proof). The morphine concentration is two mg./five ml. (0.4 mg./ml.).

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
Who should not take antidiarrhea and gas medications?
Children aged 6 years or younger should not take antidiarrhea medications, unless your child's docto...
Are there generic anti-diarrheals and gas medications?
Yes, generic anti-diarrheal and anti-gas products are readily available. For diarrhea, bismuth s...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?