What is bismuth subcitrate potassium?

The prescription drug bismuth subcitrate is used in combination with two antibiotics to treat stomach ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori infections. The bismuth subcitrate is combined with metronidazole and tetracycline in each capsule. The combination of these two antibiotics, plus bismuth subcitrate, is the brand name prescription drug Pylera. The usual treatment with this medication is three capsules by mouth four times a day for 10 days.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?
Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movement...
What should I know about anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Most people can safely use over-the-counter medications for diarrhea or gas. Before you use anti...
Are antidiarrheals safe for use in children?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?