What should I tell my pharmacist if I am using diarrhea or gas drugs?

If you are taking any kind of anti-diarrheal or anti-gas remedy, tell your pharmacist about all other medications you are also using, to avoid potentially bad drug interactions. Mention over-the-counter drugs and supplements too. Loperamide, the active ingredient in the anti-diarrheal medication Imodium, can be risky if you combine it with certain drugs for HIV infection. A more serious reaction, such as severe constipation, might happen if you take loperamide with painkillers and allergy medications.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?
Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movement...
What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?