What should I tell my pharmacist if I am using diarrhea or gas drugs?

If you are taking any kind of anti-diarrheal or anti-gas remedy, tell your pharmacist about all other medications you are also using, to avoid potentially bad drug interactions. Mention over-the-counter drugs and supplements too. Loperamide, the active ingredient in the anti-diarrheal medication Imodium, can be risky if you combine it with certain drugs for HIV infection. A more serious reaction, such as severe constipation, might happen if you take loperamide with painkillers and allergy medications.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?