Should I let my doctor know I am taking loperamide?

If you are planning on taking loperamide, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Loperamide, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Antiviral medicines for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), antibiotics and prescription pain medicines have been reported to interact with loperamide. It is important to discuss the proper dosage of loperamide and all of the possible complications that may accompany usage.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications ?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
what should i know about anti-diarrheal and gas medications ?
Most people can safely use over-the-counter medications for diarrhea or gas. Before you use anti...
are antidiarrheals safe for use in children ?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
are anti-diarrhea and anti-gas medications safe to take if i am pregnant ?