Should I let my doctor know I am taking loperamide?

If you are planning on taking loperamide, you should talk to your doctor. In fact, you should always let your doctor know about any medication you are taking so that you avoid any interactions with other medications. Loperamide, in particular, can react adversely to a variety of different medical conditions, medications and foods. Antiviral medicines for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), antibiotics and prescription pain medicines have been reported to interact with loperamide. It is important to discuss the proper dosage of loperamide and all of the possible complications that may accompany usage.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
Who should take anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are intended for the temporary relief of diarrhea and ga...
Are anti-diarrheals and gas medications safe for older people?
Anti-diarrheal medications are generally safe for older people. But as you age, you are more lik...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?