How should I take Pylera?

Pylera, a medication used to kill the bacteria that causes peptic ulcers, is prescribed as a 10-day course. You should take four doses a day, at each meal and before bed. Each dose consists of three capsules. At the scheduled times, swallow them whole with 8 ounces of water. It is especially important to drink a full glass of water with the dose before bed, to help prevent stomach irritation.

Follow instructions on the package for what to do about foods and medications that may interact with Pylera -- such as antacids, zinc and iron supplements, and dairy products or other foods containing calcium. You'll need to avoid these for several hours before and after each dose. If you miss a dose, do not try to make it up. Simply continue with your next scheduled dose, and continue taking your pills until they're gone. Do not double your dose to make up for one you missed.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

What are anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications include over-the-counter products that help control symp...
How do anti-diarrheal and gas medications work?
Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) helps to treat diarrhea by influencing how flui...
Are anti-diarrheals and gas medications safe for older people?
Anti-diarrheal medications are generally safe for older people. But as you age, you are more lik...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?