How should I take loperamide?

Because there are so many different types and combinations of loperamide, there are also many different ways to take it. You should follow the directions of your doctor and those printed on the medication container. Loperamide is available in capsule, liquid or tablet form. When you first begin taking loperamide, you should not drive or operate machinery as you may become very drowsy after your first dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?
Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movement...
What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
How do anti-diarrheal and gas medications work?
Bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol, Kaopectate) helps to treat diarrhea by influencing how flui...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?