How does loperamide relieve diarrhea?

Loperamide is a common over-the-counter treatment for diarrhea. This medication helps to stop diarrhea by slowing the movement of fluids through your bowels. It is available in tablet, capsule or liquid form. Loperamide can be taken on a schedule for chronic diarrhea or after each bowel movement.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are antidiarrheals safe for use in children?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
Who should not take antidiarrhea and gas medications?
Children aged 6 years or younger should not take antidiarrhea medications, unless your child's docto...
Who should take anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are intended for the temporary relief of diarrhea and ga...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?