How do I know if Pylera is working for me?

You will know whether Pylera has worked for you and has successfully treated your peptic ulcer when your doctor performs a test at least four weeks after you take your last pills. He or she will use a breath test or a stool test to determine if the Helicobacter pylori bacteria that caused your ulcer have been killed.

The antibiotics in Pylera cure 80% to 90% of ulcers caused by H. pylori. However, if some of the bacteria survive, your ulcer could come back. In that case, your doctor may prescribe another round of treatment, likely with different antibiotics this time.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are anti-diarrhea and anti-gas medications safe to take if I am pregnant?
Talk to your doctor before using an anti-diarrheal or anti-gas remedy when you are pregnant, because...
Who should take anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are intended for the temporary relief of diarrhea and ga...
Are antidiarrheals safe for use in children?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?