How do I know if Pylera is working for me?

You will know whether Pylera has worked for you and has successfully treated your peptic ulcer when your doctor performs a test at least four weeks after you take your last pills. He or she will use a breath test or a stool test to determine if the Helicobacter pylori bacteria that caused your ulcer have been killed.

The antibiotics in Pylera cure 80% to 90% of ulcers caused by H. pylori. However, if some of the bacteria survive, your ulcer could come back. In that case, your doctor may prescribe another round of treatment, likely with different antibiotics this time.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

what are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications ?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
who should not take antidiarrhea and gas medications ?
Children aged 6 years or younger should not take antidiarrhea medications, unless your child's docto...
are antidiarrheals safe for use in children ?
Antidiarrheals are generally safe for use in children. However, the usage of certain antidiarrhe...
are there generic anti-diarrheals and gas medications ?
Yes, generic anti-diarrheal and anti-gas products are readily available. For diarrhea, bismuth s...