How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?

Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movements and control diarrhea, laxatives encourage bowel movements and often induce diarrhea. Before using either of these medications, you should talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Are anti-diarrheals and gas medications safe for older people?
Anti-diarrheal medications are generally safe for older people. But as you age, you are more lik...
Are there generic anti-diarrheals and gas medications?
Yes, generic anti-diarrheal and anti-gas products are readily available. For diarrhea, bismuth s...
What are the side effects of anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
The side effects of anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications depend on the medication you are tak...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?