How do antidiarrheals differ from laxatives?

Antidiarrheals are the exact opposite of laxatives. While antidiarrheals help to slow bowel movements and control diarrhea, laxatives encourage bowel movements and often induce diarrhea. Before using either of these medications, you should talk to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiarrheal

Who should take anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are intended for the temporary relief of diarrhea and ga...
Are there generic anti-diarrheals and gas medications?
Yes, generic anti-diarrheal and anti-gas products are readily available. For diarrhea, bismuth s...
Are there any risks in taking anti-diarrheal and gas medications?
Over-the-counter anti-diarrheal and anti-gas medications are safe if used as directed in the app...
Are Anti-Diarrhea and Anti-Gas Medications Safe to Take If I Am Pregnant?