Who should use Levemir?

Children and adults with type 1 diabetes and adults with type 2 diabetes can use Levemir (insulin detemir) to treat their diabetes. People with type 1 diabetes cannot make their own insulin, and people with type 2 diabetes do not use insulin normally. Levemir is a synthetic, long-lasting, basal insulin that helps provide a steady supply of insulin for people who cannot control blood glucose (sugar) fluctuations with oral diabetes medications.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...