Who should take Januvia?

Januvia is used to help control high blood sugar levels in adults who have type 2 (non-insulin-dependent) diabetes. Since it is undetermined if this medication can be safely used in children under 18 years, it should only be given to them with a doctor’s advice. This medication may also be prescribed for other conditions, if decided by the doctor. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...