Who should take glyburide-metformin?

Glyburide-metformin is used to control blood sugar levels in people with Type 2 diabetes. Glyburide in this combination medication lowers blood sugar by helping the pancreas produce insulin. The metformin works by reducing the amount of sugar produced in the liver and the amount of sugar absorbed by the intestine. It is prescribed to treat Type 2 diabetes if diet and exercise are not enough.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...