Who should take glipizide-metformin?

Glipizide-metformin is recommended for those who suffer from high blood sugar because of type 2 diabetes. Glipizide-metformin is not intended for those who have type 1 diabetes. If you are allergic to any of the active ingredients found in glipizide-metformin you should not take this medication. Children, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and elderly do not usually use glipizide-metaformin and should talk to their doctors before doing so.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...