Who should take Actos (pioglitazone)?

Actos is for people who have type 2 diabetes and are unable to control it with diet and exercise alone. Some people may be able to use only this drug, while others will need to combine it with other diabetes medications in order to obtain good blood sugar control. It should be used with caution by anyone with congestive heart failure as it may worsen that condition.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...