Who should take Actos (pioglitazone)?

Actos is for people who have type 2 diabetes and are unable to control it with diet and exercise alone. Some people may be able to use only this drug, while others will need to combine it with other diabetes medications in order to obtain good blood sugar control. It should be used with caution by anyone with congestive heart failure as it may worsen that condition.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...