Who is a good candidate for the prescription drug Starlix?

Starlix (nateglinide) is a prescription drug that works to control blood sugar (glucose) levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. (This drug has not been tested for use in children.) Starlix is effective in people who have not already been on antidiabetic medications for a long period of time. Talk with your doctor to see if Starlix is right for you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...