Who is a good candidate for the prescription drug Starlix?

Starlix (nateglinide) is a prescription drug that works to control blood sugar (glucose) levels in adults with type 2 diabetes. (This drug has not been tested for use in children.) Starlix is effective in people who have not already been on antidiabetic medications for a long period of time. Talk with your doctor to see if Starlix is right for you.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...