Who should not take Tradjenta?

You should not take Tradjenta (linagliptin), a medication for type 2 diabetes, if you are allergic to it.

If you are taking rifampin for tuberculosis, you may not be able to take Tradjenta, since it can affect the way Tradjenta works.

Since it is not known if Tradjenta is safe for a developing fetus or a breastfeeding baby, talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are nursing.

Tradjenta has not been proven safe or effective for children.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (ACTOS) are in a group of drugs called thiazolidinediones. ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...