Who should not take Tradjenta?

You should not take Tradjenta (linagliptin), a medication for type 2 diabetes, if you are allergic to it.

If you are taking rifampin for tuberculosis, you may not be able to take Tradjenta, since it can affect the way Tradjenta works.

Since it is not known if Tradjenta is safe for a developing fetus or a breastfeeding baby, talk to your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant or are nursing.

Tradjenta has not been proven safe or effective for children.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...