Who should not take NovoLog?

NovoLog (insulin aspart) should not be taken by someone who is in the middle of a hypoglycemic episode or by someone who has sensitivity to insulin. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should discuss the risks and benefits of NovoLog with their doctor before beginning treatment.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
A drug called Avandia is widely used to treat diabetes. But is it safe? Watch as Drs. Oz, Steven Nis...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...