Who should not take Glucotrol?

People who are allergic to the diabetes drug Glucotrol (glipizide) or any of its ingredients should not take it.

Researchers have not studied the safety and effectiveness of Glucotrol in children, so this drug is not recommended for them.

Glucotrol may pose a risk to a developing fetus or nursing baby. Women who are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding should discuss the risks and benefits of taking this drug with their doctors.

People with type 1 diabetes, diabetic ketoacidosis or glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency should not take Glucotrol.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

how can i predict my body use of injected insulin ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
how can i tell when my novolin is no good to use ?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
what is novolin ?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar ?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...