Who should not take DiaBeta?

People who should not take the diabetes drug DiaBeta (glyburide) include:
  • those with type 1 diabetes (a form of the disease in which the body produces no insulin on its own)
  • those experiencing diabetic ketoacidosis (a dangerous condition in which the body isn't able to use blood sugar for fuel and begins burning fat instead)
  • those with known allergies to DiaBeta
  • those taking the drug bosentan (Tracleer) to control hypertension in the lungs

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

will i need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes ?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
how can i tell when my novolin is no good to use ?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
does premlintide have any side effects ?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
what should i know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors ?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...