Who should not take Avandaryl?

You should not take Avandaryl if you have severe kidney disease or heart failure. You should also avoid this drug if you have diabetic ketoacidosis.

Other medical conditions may not prevent you from taking Avandaryl, but you should discuss them thoroughly with your doctor. If you are having diagnostic imaging done that requires the use of injectable dye, you'll need to stop taking Avandaryl temporarily to prevent an interaction. Remember, Avandaryl is not for the treatment of type 1 diabetes and should not be used by type 1 diabetics. Avandaryl is not safe for pregnant women. However, it is important to continue diabetes control during pregnancy. If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, talk with your doctor about your diabetes treatment options.

You should not take Avandaryl if you are allergic to any of its ingredients, or if you've had an allergic reaction to other medications called sulfonamide derivatives. Tell your doctor about any drug allergies or medication reactions you've had in the past. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...