Who should not take Avandamet?

You should not take Avandamet if you have severe kidney disease or heart failure. You should also avoid this drug if you have diabetic ketoacidosis. Other medical conditions may not prevent you from taking Avandamet, but you should discuss them thoroughly with your doctor. If you are having diagnostic imaging done that requires the use of injectable dye, you'll need to stop taking Avandamet temporarily to prevent an interaction. Remember, Avandamet is not for the treatment of type 1 diabetes and should not be used by type 1 diabetics.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...