Who should not take repaglinide?

You should not take repaglinide (Prandin) if you have type 1 diabetes -- this is a drug for type 2 diabetes. You also shouldn't take it if you're allergic to repaglinide or any of the inactive ingredients of this medication.

Don't take repaglinide if you're on the cholesterol-lowering drug gemfibrozil (Lopid) -- talk with your doctor about which of these drugs is more important for you. You also should not take this drug if you have diabetic ketoacidosis, a condition in which the body burns fat for fuel, instead of sugar.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (ACTOS) are in a group of drugs called thiazolidinediones. ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...