Who should not take Novolin R?

Do not use Novolin R (human insulin regular) if you:
  • are allergic to this medication, or to insulin
  • are in the midst of a low blood sugar episode
  • have been drinking -- or plan to drink -- alcohol (Talk to your doctor about alcohol consumption and Novolin R.)
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding -- or if you have liver or kidney disease -- ask your doctor if it is safe to take this medication, and whether you need an adjusted dose or special monitoring.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...